Ski Area Rental and
Accessories Management Program -
The power of working together for better equipment, service and pricing through our regional and state associations
In order to support our great suppliers, our offers are only guaranteed until April 15 or the date specified by an individual supplier. After this date - ask you rep for help, but pricing may differ because our offers are based on helping suppliers order and schedule factory production in the coming months.
Buy from these great supplier companies that support member ski areas and the grow-the-sports programs of our regional and state associations. They participate in the program that rewards member areas with great products, great pricing, great service, and association support.
Check this out! - Click here for a series of photos of newer "system" rental shops. Beginning at the entrance to the shop, we lead you through the rental process.
The SARA Program is a cooperative regional associations' program with these participating associations:
- the Midwest Ski Areas Association,
- the Pacific Northwest Ski Areas Association,
- the Idaho Ski Areas Association
- the Southeast Ski Areas Association,
- the Pennsylvania Ski Areas Association,
- Ski Areas of New York,
- the Ski Maine Association,
- the Ski New Hampshire Association
- and our combined 245 member ski areas across the USA
Your ski area's state or regional association benefits, just as your ski area does, when you participate in this program. The associations use part of their funding to support the January Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month Promotion!
Individual ski areas (not part of one of the above associations) may also participate, please contact us for details at: email@example.com.
Plan to attend a rep show in your area. See the schedule below, or go to www.usra.info for details:
RENTAL AND ACCESSORY SUPPLIERS: we value your assistance and participation. Please read the information in the section links shown at the left. Thank you.
The Ski Area Rental and Accessories Program (SARA Program) was formed to help member ski areas:
- Obtain rental ski and snowboard equipment that is much more durable under rental conditions than the rental skis that began to be offered when shaped skis first came to market.
- Offer pricing to all buyers that is consistently as good a price as the biggest group rental buyers receive when they place fleet orders.
- Support our regional and state associations efforts to grow the sport with additional funding and better rental products that help new skiers and riders ahve better experiences.
... and to help make working with ski area rental and accessory buyers easier for our suppliers!
Working with our suppliers, SARA-BP has successfully reduced the rental equipment durability issues significantly. The rental ski and snowboard equipment market offers much more durable equipment that has far fewer issues than when cap ski construction was first introduced along with shaped skis.
The Ski Area Rentals and Accessories Buying Program continues to monitor the durability of skis, snowboards, bindings, boots and ski poles through its Equipment Test Program. The equipment is placed in their rental shops and they try to rent it as frequently as possible. The rental equipment is tracked and monitored by the test rental shops in order to determine: Durability, Rental Efficiencies, and Customer Satisfaction.
If your ski area is a member of one of the regional ski area associations listed above, you need a password to log in to view offers from our suppliers. Please E-mail or call your regional association office, or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for your user name and password.
Rep Show Calendar - go to www.usra.info for more details